[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 10/01/2004 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 01:45:56 EDT

Operator: hasell

***I think Doug forgot to press 'enter' But I figured, hey, better late than never.***

Around noon LIGIT suddenly jumped from 8*10**-8 to 10*10**-8 for no apparent reason. CCR and Ernie couldn't find anything wrong. Gradually coming down so possibly a bit of ise fell of the cell and caused the burst.

Polarisation seems to be okay since increasing to 175 injection but this is based on just 8 hours of crunched data right after the increase.

12:30 gave control to CCR for a bit in an attempt to increase the lifetime (down to 21 minutes) and to improve WC scalers (~40 at 175 mA).

CCR was able to reduce the WC scaler rates and improve the lifetime towards in the latter half of a fill. Not hitting peak data rates of 375 C/hr.