[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 10/03/2004 A (1-9)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 09:24:13 EDT

Operator: egeis

Good morning

Very very quiet shift. One HV trip at 8:50.

This is probably nothing worth mentioning but I'm going to mention it anyway. I have been checking out nsed and looking at some of the current runs. There is a very high frequency of positron background that consistently comes in at a similar angle, curvature, and vertex, into the left sector. I'd almost swear that each positron enters the same exact cell in the first WC superlayer. Trigger 2 left sector TOF rate vs. right sector TOF rate is 8:1. I don't know if the 2nd level trigger vetos an event if one sector has no WC hits, but it seems that there are many trigger 1 events on this positron background with no right sector wire chamber information. Anyway, just stating some observations. They're probably nothing noteworthy.

Runs taken: 11655 11657-11663