[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 10/27/2004 C (17-1)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 01:03:25 EDT

Operator: tsentalovich

   At the beginning of the shift noted that both V14 and V15 are closed. I have my
dark suspisions of who and how have done it, but I'll keep it for now. It is still unclear whether all the data was taken with valves closed. BTW, it appears that ABS logging routine failed, and was never restored. Someone (Hauke, Vitalij, Nick ? ) should fix it. Anyway, finished unpol H2 runs with valves closed.
   Switched to He3. Found that I can not install buffer pressure above 2 torrs. I suspect that this limit is programmed somewhere for safety reason. Aki ? Since ABS logging doesn't work, measured the rate of buffer pressure decay over an hour. Logged dat in ABS logbook, so Aki could make a calibration. Run for several hours with buffer pressure 2 torrs, it should be somewhat about 2-5 10**16 at/sec. The lifetime of the beam is OK (about 25 minutes), but the cell becomes real hot ( up to 130 degrees), and the WC rate was close or over 30. We'll see how the data looks like. On GUI WC spectra looks ok, flat for both sectors, although background looks high. Also, it appears the data rate is higher that usual, let's see if Karen could see what our dead time is.
   Close to midnight switched to polarized hydrogen. Taking data.
     Genya