Re: [BLASTTALK] tof efficiencies

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 13:41:41 EST

Hi chris,
I understand you missed most of your events in the forward region, for e-
corrisponding to proton paddles 9-14.

It can not be rad tail since that is continuous. However the front tofs
are only 15 cm wide. Assuming (for discussion sake) they really project
out 15 cm perpendicularly to the e-track (it could be less becuase of the
angle) than 7 % would be a 1 cm gap (7 mm for a 10 cm projection).

This number a bit high but maybe not completely unreasonable. We may be
less efficient when a track traverse part of the 1" thickness (which adds
to the definition of the gap..).

Or maybe a part of these events are random hits that somehow make it
through your cuts (z? coplanar ? "proton" adc ?)

-- tancredi

P.S.
Certainly 93 % is not a very good number for tof efficiency for e- !
I understand it is a worst case scenario number

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949