[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 15:18:23 EST

Hall is being searched. Solenoids are full. WC helium is changed
out. Controller was replaced on the failed ring turbo pump, so we expect
better vacuum and an improvement in the lifetime.

Nozzle was warmed up and is cold again, so we will start up on polarized
ABS hydrogen at 48 degrees spin angle. The plan for overnight is to run
polarized hydrogen at (hopefully) 175 mA injected current, 30 minutes lifetime.

Barbara and Ernie spent time diagnosing the intermittent network
problems. Perhaps they have found a source; we will have to wait and see
if we still have problems. Their work interfered with diagnosis of the
occasional MFT setting problem that gives us an unpolarized target; Hauke
and Brian will continue looking into that.

Genya has set up the buffer system to run up to 2.5E17 atoms/sec of
unpolarized 3He. We plan to try at least 1.5E17 atoms/sec tomorrow
morning, to see what the beam lifetime and maximum injected current are, as
well as the WC and BQM rates.

                                        Karen