[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 11/11/2004 C (17-1)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 01:15:55 EST

Operator: kohlm

Enjoyable shift.

During run 12520, lightguide of left TOF 5 bottom (LTB5) broke (see elog). Not the joint with the scintillator but rather the round adapter which connects to the tube. I cleaned and glued the adapter piece to the curved piece with optical glue, presently curing over night with UV light.

Some TOF expert should be available on Friday morning to reinstall the phototube (it is located on the small bench at the left-sector wall, grease is in the cage near the fence) and gainmatch (probably the "old" value of -2300V from before last Monday is adequate.

I believe right-TOF3 top (RTT3) was also a candidate of inefficiency. Someone may want to check the lightguide joint as it presently points to a different direction than its three neighbors RTT0...2
The shielding of RTB3 had partially slipped off, I put it back in place. Maybe that's why it was less efficient?

Took runs 12520-12526 without LT5.

MK