Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] holding field classes into BlastLib2

From: Akihisa Shinozaki (shino@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 18:30:14 EST

Hello there,

Please note that the parameter input value is changed from the relative strength of the field to the coil current values for
TBLMagField::SetHoldingField(), TBLHoldField::SetParameter(), and HFBiotSavart::SetParameter().

The parametrization is improved so that they agree with Karen's data within 10 G in average. In addition, the holding field angle for an arbitrary current combination became improved. In other words, if you put SetParameter(500,500), you may find that the target holding angle is around 32 degrees. (This is a pure prediction based on the TOSCA's BH curve and Karen's data. See pictures.).

This is basically the final version. When Genya's data becomes available, I would change the function parameters, if there is enough reason to believe that the resulting field map will become more realistic. But I do not have any plan to change other essential parts of the programs at this moment.

The computation is cut at, "fabs(x)>60 || fabs(z)>80," as Chi already written. If you require futher performance improvement, I would recommend to remove the coil contribution to the field, which is a small contribution to the total field strength.

Thank you,
Aki