Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] zero field test

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 15:55:42 EST

> The other severe problem, however, was that the wire chambers would not
> hold the voltage, even at a lowered beam current of 75mA.

are the wire chambers still not holding voltage? there was a problem with
them on sunday morning; nikolas and i got them back into a working state
then. he then took at least a couple of hours of data with them on, and
he told me that the chambers were working fine. at some later point in
his shift, i think you guys switched the power supply off and took data
without the chambers on.

so, is there still (as of monday, 16:00) a problem with the chambers or
was the above statement based on reports from sunday morning?

aaron