[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 02/28/2005 B (9-17)

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 17:07:53 EST

Operator: akdogan

Beam came back at around 11am after IOC failure in the morning and
tuning the beam. The fill current is 200mA, with a realy good BQM rates
and about 27mins of life time.

Beam polarizarion is about 67%.

Data-On-Tape-meter was close to 500C/hr at one point!

Shortly after resuming data taking, noticed that some LADS HVs were off.
Turned them on, and saved their states. Confirmed all WC-HVs are
nominal (3850V). There were next to none HV trips, other than those
happened during beam fine-tuning.

We tried to decrease the prescaler factor from 3 to 1 for event-type-7.
As a results, we got about 1.1kHz event rate, and a 500k run lasted only
7-8minutes. Decided to go back to the original setting of 3, after 10 minutes.
Karen says that, a factor of 3 decrease in event type-7 prescaler does not
increase the useful (non-background) data for this event type by a factor
of 3, because the junk that is not excepted by other event types are mostly
end up in this event type.

The network switch for the Lab-net crashed. This happened while CCR was
tuning the beam, thus, it did not effect data taking. Barbara cold-booted the
switch. In case it happens again: it is the one in spud-area (locked in the big
block crate) labeled as "Lab".

Noticed that the holding field is stiff 32deg. We should set it to
45deg at some point. Since, the nozzle will be cooled down, and we'll
switch to empty target in a few hours, decided not to do this at this time.

Other than about an hour of interruption for hall-access for CCR and some
more tuning, we continued to take ABS-D2 data since 11am. Thus we had
about 4 hours of ABS-D2 data during this shift.

Runs are being crunched.

Taylan