[BLAST_SHIFTS] Daily BLAST meeting

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 15:19:41 EST

        Today we have been warming up the cell, hoping that the surface is
contaminated with something depolarizing. It should be cold and ready for
beam sometime after 8 pm. We will then resume running on ABS deuterium --
KEEP CURRENT AT 150 mA (or less, if there are vacuum problems). Until 11
pm, the run length can be 500k events. After that, until we have 8 hours
of data, the run length should be 250k. That will give us 8 hours of
crunched data by late morning.

        The superconducting solenoids were filled this afternoon while the hall
was open. The BATS TDC is back from repair and was reinstalled, appears to
work. Dave Bethka has been improving the beam tune in the
linac/recirculator. This may improve the situation with ligit spiking
following injection (see elog # 33400), or a bit of work may have to be
done on the injection line tune.

        The cell warmup/cooldown is the last attempt to achieve high polarization
with this cell. A decision will be made Wednesday morning on whether to go
to the old 15 mm cell or not.

        Please make sure the autocruncher is running, so that we have data to look
at tomorrow. Keep pol.log and RUNLIST up to date.

        South Hall Counting Bay temperature regulation is being repaired. If you
are cold or hot, regulate temperature overnight by opening/closing doors
and turning fans on/off.

                                        Karen