[BLAST_SHIFTS] Chris' message, worth to be in elog [BLASTTALK] luminosities and scaler charge (fwd)

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 00:31:26 EDT

following is Chris' message to BlastTalk with the figure. Think its worth
to be in elog for easy retrieval.

  One possible reason for loss of luminosity, is that our scaler current is miscalibrated. See the attached figure. The top line is EPICS beam current, the line just below is the scalers current, and the fuzz is the beam-gated scalers current. I think happened is that it was calibrated at low currents, before we were so optimistic about our beam operating parameters. There was a small nonlinearity in the fit with to quadratic, and now we are extrapolating.
--Chris

beam_current_comparison.gif