Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 04/26/2005 A (1-9)

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 10:05:51 EDT

onlineGui uses the ET system to pull events out of the data stream for the
online analysis. visual_scal uses ET to put scaler events into the data
stream. I would have thought onlineGui couldn't block visual_scal from
connecting, but obviously it does. Genya said visual_scal reported that it
failed to connect to ET, no error number or useful text message. I'll do
some investigating.

Usually you should NOT have to do setup to recover from the 9th run hang
(I'll post instructions to elog, and make them a sticky), and so usually
you will NOT encounter Genya's problem. But if you do, stop the onlineGui
and start visual_scal.

                                         Karen