Re: random MC

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 00:27:41 EDT

Hi

Aaron, sorry missed your practice, was moving the last couple days,
hauling boxes from one place to another, still looking for thing in dozens
of cardboard boxes.

Pete, DGen is seeded with machine time, it should not produce the same
events. It uses Quasirandom numbers on the other hand, so it converges to
the mean linearly. Error shrinks at a rate of 1/N, instead of 1/sqrt(N),
that might explain why you can not see the points moving cos they converge
to the mean value too fast.

Chi