One more 2004/2005 rates email...

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 14:56:12 EDT

>>> I sent this last night but never got it in my own inbox, so I was wondering if it got lost or filtered.
Sorry if you've gotten it already.

eugene

It seems as though there might be a bit of a falloff in the WireChambers in the
left sector which might
correspond to the region of TOF 6-9. I have 2 plots. One is labeled
2004_efficiency.pdf The other is
2005_inefficiency.pdf. They are plots of the wire chambers. They are 3D and
are somewhat close to
the geometry of the wire chambers (aside from a reflection through the BLAST x-y
axis). The window in
the 40-50 degree region in the WC is extremely obvious. The runs used in this
analysis for 2005 are
14486-14493. The runs used for 2004 are 11487-11493. The height is the number
of hits in cells
that had tracks. the x and y are 0-35 for the 35 cells and 0-5 for the 6
superlayers.

Again, I think we can conclusively say that the wire chambers show a hole...
maybe because of TOF
inefficiency... The right side is consistent in both years' datasets.

I've included one more postscript entitled 2004_left for a more obvious overhead
view of the 3D plot.
I hope these are understandable.

eugene

Eugene Geis
PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science
eugene.geis@asu.edu
http://quickreaction.blogspot.com
----- End forwarded message -----