Bates physics discussion lunch - postponed and day change

From: Wilbur Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 08:47:47 EST

Dear Colleagues,

There was an enthusiastic response from a number of people to the idea
of the Bates discussion lunch. Thanks to those who responded to my
initial message. This is the last message that will go to those who
are not interested. A listserve will be set up which people can
subscribe to.

Due to the lousy weather today and likelihood of low turnout, the first
discussion lunch talk will be postponed until next week. Also, there
have been requests to move the day to Wednesday to increase attendance
since there are a number of other meetings that day which people are
more likely to travel to Bates for. Therefore, the first one will be
postponed until Wednesday (Dec. 14) at 12:15. The topic will still be
Optical Stochastic Cooling.

Bill