Re: proton dE/dx in TOFs

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 18:11:13 EST

Hi John,
I indeed had pre-commissioning GEANT simulations for both e-p and e-d
elastic (which I just checked and they agree with our conclusion today,
but we had all 8 Cerenkovs there at the time so I do not want to confuse
matters more by sending outdated plots), I also had a comparison with real
data from commissioning.

However, at the time of that comparison we had out-bending field. So
protons were inbending at that time, which meant slower, more backward
protons were still reaching some TOFs... and they were stopped completely
in the TOFs.
With inbending field, that does not happen anymore.

Adrian

--

------------------------------- Adrian Sindile Research Assistant Nuclear Physics Group University of New Hampshire phone: (603)862-1217 FAX: (603)862-2998 email: asindile@unh.edu http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/