Re: Meeting with Dan Phillips

From: Chi Zhang (zhangchi@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 12:13:08 EST

Hi Michael and all

Since the (1+Q^2/M^2)-5 correction puts both van orden and schiavilla
close to Abbott's parameterization I, I would propose use Abbott I as THE
normalization which was what I use originally. I switched to Abbott III a
while ago with the arguement that it is the middle one of the three
parameterizations and gave a higher value for Pzz.

By using Ab I, we solve a few problems. 1. We do not need to rely on
the Qd correction game while having very close results to theories after the
Qd correction. who knows what will be invented before I got out of here.
2. Since later we refit Abbott I and use Abbott I to fix A(Q) in
separation of GC, GQ, it would be more natural to use Abbott I all
over. 3. the spin angle fit from Abbott I is 47.5 for 2005 setup which is
slightly closer to the map. 4. Abbott I is also the one among the three
that is closest to the middle of Bates and NIKHEF data points.

We can discuss about how to revise the normalization uncertainty later.

Chi