radiated MC

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 20:22:14 EST

Hi,
A plot comparing radiated and unradiated Monte Carlo asymmetries can be
seen at:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/radMC.gif

Blue is unradiated MC, red is radiated MC. While the left sector of BLAST
shows essentially no discrepancy, there is a 3% difference (in the
dillution factor, 49% instead of 52% hPz) in the right sector of BLAST.

8M unradiated and 8M radiated MC events were used. After crunching I was
left with ~5.2M and 4.3M respectively (on the radiated MC an invariant
mass cut was applied, similar to the one used for real data). These
numbers are comparable with our real data event numbers.
BATs were not included in this study (I forgot to extend the range of the
radiated MC when I generated the files, I will need to redo this later)...

Energy loss, multiple scattering and resolution were turned on in both
the unradiated and radiated case.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant