RE: configure blast software...

From: Ernie Bisson, MIT Bates Linear Accelerator (BISSON@aesir.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 16:40:35 EST

>Anyone know why I might get this error when I configure the blast library?
>
>{asublast2:/home/egeis/BUILD:10}configure --prefix=`pwd` --enable-dgen
>--enable-debug
>
>configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ../SOURCE/config.sub

Hi Eugene.

You had a syntax error in the config.sub file (on line 88). I'm assuming this
file gets created when checking out the software from the CVS repository. If
so, then the syntax error exists in the repository's copy of config.sub as
well. In the directory you created for me on asublast2.asu.edu you'll find the
working version ( config.sub ) and the non-working version ( config.sub.orig ).
You can do a "diff" on the files to see what I changed.

Ernie

Ernie Bisson
Unix/VMS Systems Administrator
M.I.T. Bates Linear Accelerator