angle offsets

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 11:53:28 EST

Hi Eugene,

I just had a look at your plots of the angle deviations depending on the
recrunch version and correponding assumptions that you posted on Jan 19.
It seems that only the crunch with the new field had the larger angle
offset.
You forgot to also plot the actual RECRUNCHDIR result which is Chi's 9th
order in combination with the new field map. I seem to remember that this
also has an angle offset.

Concluding, it is the field map change that made the reconstructed angle
shift, or am I wrong?

The offsets look quite the same for all combinations pR pL eR eL.
Is there a possible geometrical effect responsible such as shifts or
rotations of chambers?

Regards,

    Michael

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Eugene J. Geis wrote:

> Weird timing for me to call in today and apologies about not making it last week.
>
> I made 4 plots of comparisons of the theta_(e/p) - theta_e/p(theta_p/e) offsets over the hydrogen
> directories given to me by Michael. I've uploaded the 4 graphs into the meeting_060119 directory on
> blast02. You should look at the postscript file Theta_pR.ps first to see which histogram corresponds to
> which ANALDIR. The obvious offset is only apparent in Aaron's 6thorder recrunch which is the ONLY
> crunch version that uses the NEW Fieldmap from all of the ANALDIR's that I tested. Chi's 9th order
> crunch in library v15 that uses the OLD fieldmap does not have the striking offset. All four postscript
> files show this same trend. OLD Fieldmap means no striking theta_e - theta_e(theta_p) offset.
>
> Also as an update for GEn analysis, I'm piping Vitaly's data into my code to verify asymmetries. We still
> have some glaring discrepancies.
>
> eugene
>
> Quoting Douglas Kenneth Hasell <hasell@MIT.EDU>:
>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> As decided during last week's analysis meeting: this week's analysis
>>
>> meeting will be on Thursday (Wednesday there is a lunch for Chris
>> Tschalar) at 14:00.
>>
>> Attached are the minutes from last week's meeting.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Douglas
>>
>> 26-415
>> M.I.T. Tel:
>>
>> +1 (617) 258-7199
>> 77 Massachusetts Avenue Fax: +1
>> (617) 258-5440
>> Cambridge, MA 02139, USA E-mail:
>> hasell@mit.edu

> Eugene Geis
> PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
> Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science
> eugene.geis@asu.edu
> http://quickreaction.blogspot.com

+-------------------------------------+--------------------------+
| Office: | Home: |
|-------------------------------------|--------------------------|
| Dr. Michael Kohl | Michael Kohl |
| Laboratory for Nuclear Science | 5 Ibbetson Street |
| MIT-Bates Linear Accelerator Center | Somerville, MA 02143 |
| Middleton, MA 01949 | U.S.A. |
| Email: kohlm@mit.edu | K.Michael.Kohl@gmx.de |
| Work: +1-617-253-9207 | Home: +1-617-629-3147 |
| Fax: +1-617-253-9599 | Mobile: +1-978-580-4190 |
| http://blast.lns.mit.edu | |