Re: Blast analysis meeting on Wednesday 2/8/2006 13:30

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 19:19:55 EST

Hi Michael,
I just thought I would send this plot comparing unradiated and
radiated Monte Carlo asymmetries before we meet on Wednesday:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/radMC3.gif

Blue is unradiated MC, red is radiated MC. The discrepancy in the right
sector has disappeared, following Vitaliy's MASCARAD fix (just compare to

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/radMCbug.gif

which had the bug).

8M unradiated and 8M radiated MC events were used in this study. On the
radiated MC an invariant mass cut was applied, similar to the one used for
real data.
Energy loss, multiple scattering and resolution were turned on in both the
unradiated and radiated case.

One can now see a small discrepancy in the LEFT sector, just for the 7th
Q2 point. As this was not there before the MASCARAD fix, I am convinced
this is due to our reconstruction code. If you compare the latest plot
with the one that had the bug, it can be seen that the two red points
corresponding to the 7th Q2 point in the laft sector are actually within 1
sigma of each other. Because the point is now further apart from the
unradiated MC point, the discrepancy seems worse, but the two radiated MC
cases (before and after Vitaliy's fix) are consistent to each other in my
opinion.

Adrian

--

------------------------------- Adrian Sindile Research Assistant Nuclear Physics Group University of New Hampshire phone: (603)862-1217 FAX: (603)862-2998 email: asindile@unh.edu http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/