Re: Minutes of the 2006/03/22 Blast analysis meeting

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 13:56:59 EST

I guess you're right...
I didn't think it was exact. I've attached two canvases...

Plots in each canvas are set up Clockwise from top left, Left electron,
Right proton, Left Proton, Right Electron.

I realize that it is hardly a gaussian, but I still used the fit to find the mean.
The gaussian is fit to MonteCarlo where ELoss and MASCARAD are
both OFF. The red line in the 1D plot is ELoss ON, MASC OFF. The
blue line is ELoss ON, MASC ON. There is a W cut which is why you
don't see the tail in the electron plots..

Each plot shows "pm(l/r) - pw(l/r)", W_cut

The 2d plot shows the same difference vs. pm(l/r) with a TProfile
plotted on top. There are remnants of those variations that showup
in the TProfile for the electron. Notice the band structure.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter whether I use pml or pwl, outside
of the variations that show up in the electron which are at most, ~4MeV

-eugene