opening lr files from blast ANALDIR

From: Eugene J. Geis (Eugene.Geis@asu.edu)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 03:51:35 EDT

Hello,
Another insignificant email of the ridiculous bad luck
I have with every simple thing I try:

I'm opening an event list that spans about 400+ run
numbers. I need to open the 7 data files that contain
my event list sequentially, and open single lr-# files
one at a time to retrieve and fill a 12 member branch
in a TTree. When I open particular run numbers, e.g.
8412, 8413, 8414, 8416, 8482... my program simply breaks.
I declare the TFile, and when I file->Get("lr"); the program
breaks and root quits. Works for all files in my runlist from
~7800 through 8211, then breaks for the run numbers mentioned
earlier.

This is how I call the lr files.

TFile* file = new TFile("/net/Data/9/Analysis/data/lr-#.root");
TNtuple* block = (TNtuple*)file->Get("lr");

I open these files one at a time while I keep an ifstream
instance of a file open. Maybe memory errors? In which case
I still need to do this differently.

Does anyone use some alternate ways of calling lr events from
an Ntuple file?

-e

Eugene Geis
PhD Student, Physics Department, ASU
Research Affiliate, MIT-Bates Laboratory of Nuclear Science
eugene.geis@asu.edu