Re: Blast analysis meeting on Wednesday 2006/06/28

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 21:31:14 EDT

Hi Michael,
Here are my results after using Chi's spin angle of 48.84 deg and taking
into account the bin-by-bin spin angle variation (sorry for the delay in
doing this):

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/binByBinSpinAngle/

The first (text) file shows the bin-by-bin deviations from the nominal
spin angle obtained by using Doug's macro, as well as the dilutions I get
after fitting Hoehler to the asymmetries. Note the good agreement between
left and right sectors (I had a difference of 1% in dilution before doing
this bin-by-bin adjustment, that is gone now).
The text file also has my latest numbers (based on v3_4_18) for Ge/Gm and
the statistical errors:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/binByBinSpinAngle/binByBinSpinAngle.txt

The next two files show Ge/Gm:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/binByBinSpinAngle/geGmBinByBinSpinAngle.gif
http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/binByBinSpinAngle/geGmBinByBinSpinAngleZoom.gif

The last one is zoomed in in order to compare with the version I had
before the bin-by-bin spin angle adjustment:

http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/spinAngle/geGm_V3_4_18.gif

As Chris said in a previous email, very little difference between the two.

I still need to do an electron-proton Q^2 comparison in order to have
new numbers for the systematic errors - will do that next.

Adrian

PS: I wanted to call for tomorrow's meeting but I need to be in Boston for
a "research retreat" = "collaboration meeting" between noon and 5 PM...

Dr. Adrian Sindile Room 205A, DeMeritt Hall
Research Scientist phone: (603)862-1217
Xenon Imaging Center & FAX: (603)862-2998
Nuclear Physics Group email: asindile@unh.edu
University of New Hampshire http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/