Minutes of the Blast analysis meeting on Wednesday 7/26/2006

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 20:46:52 EDT

Hi,

here are the minutes of today's analysis meeting.

-Discussed some issues with the GEp/GMp paper.
-Luminosity based on unpolarized buffer runs quoted by Chris is ~4.8*10^13
  atoms/cm^2; however in the ABS paper (D. Cheever et al.,
  NIMA556_2006_410,
  http://blast.lns.mit.edu/PRIVATE_RESULTS/USEFUL/HYDROGEN/ELASTIC/PAPER/bibliography/Cheever_NIMA556_2006_410.pdf
  quoted target thickness is 7*10^13 atoms/cm^2. Genya was consulted,
  investigating ...
-World data plotted ini Fig. 2 is based on Friedrich-Walcher database,
  which however is just a collection of previously compiled data and some
  more individual references. However, Arrington's database is all based on
  cross sections; Arrington himself extracted GE and GM more elaborately
  from this more complete dataset using more accurate radiative corrections
  and finding suitable cross section renormalizations. Hence, the "world
  data" referenced in Fig.2 will be the extraction from Arrington, and
  indicated will be superponed the improved extraction including the Blast
  data as a constraint.
-Some discussion wether or not the high-Q2 discrepancy should be discussed
  as is or omitted or shortened: Note that at ~0.1<Q2<~0.4 The Blast data
  is the first polarized data and the fact that it is quite consistent with
  the unpolarized results in this region did not have to be that way.
  Therefore the high-Q2 deviation does deserve some discussion, though
  maybe shorter than at present.
-Chris is still working on the corrections and will provide an updated
  draft when available.

-MC of radiative corrections (Mascarad-dgen version) was found to have
  more problems
-For the generated p(e,e'p)gamma process, Mmiss^2 should be identical zero
  but isn't as spotted by Yuan. Instead, Mmiss^2 right out of generator
  looks like a radtail but is clearly not correct.
-One would expect a strong correlation between the angle of the emitted
  photon and of the scattered electron but there isn't. Most of
  the generated photons are emitted along the incoming electron direction
  which is only half of the story.
-VZ will look into it.
-Aki has checked his elastic-radiative generator which he wrote based on
  the Mascarad paper (=yet another generator besides the Mascarad-dgen one
  and the envisioned ElRadGen generator by Sasha Iliychev.)
-Aki will send an email on how to use this generator in combination with
  blastmc.

Regards,

    Michael

+-------------------------------------+--------------------------+
| Office: | Home: |
|-------------------------------------|--------------------------|
| Dr. Michael Kohl | Michael Kohl |
| Laboratory for Nuclear Science | 5 Ibbetson Street |
| MIT-Bates Linear Accelerator Center | Somerville, MA 02143 |
| Middleton, MA 01949 | U.S.A. |
| Email: kohlm@mit.edu | K.Michael.Kohl@gmx.de |
| Work: +1-617-253-9207 | Home: +1-617-629-3147 |
| Fax: +1-617-253-9599 | Mobile: +1-978-580-4190 |
| http://blast.lns.mit.edu | |