crashed jobs on the BUDs today

From: mcallister@mit.edu
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 20:22:59 EDT

Blast users -

I needed to briefly take down the network switch connecting the buds to
natasha (/home/blast) and the spuds today. This seems to have caused some
root jobs running on various buds to eat memory until the system killed
them.

I apologize, but it is a bit unusual for an application to do this just
because an NFS mount goes away for a bit.

There are no further interruptions of the network planned, and we'll be
aware of this in the future.

----
Brian McAllister                                   Senior Software Engineer
mcallister@mit.edu                      Bates Research & Engineering Center
(617) 253-9537                                                Middleton, MA