Re: Minutes of the Blast analysis meeting on Wednesday 8/30/2006

From: Christopher Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 14:52:06 EDT

Hi Adam,
   I have done this, and it appears there are typos in the paper
(I've heard the same from others). Take a look at '~/blast/exp/rpex/
thesis_cbc/macros/walcher_data/walcher_fit.C'. For an example of how
to use the covariance matrix from a ROOT fit, see '~/blast/exp/rpex/
thesis_cbc/macros/fit_arrington.C'. If you use TH1::Fit or
TGraph::Fit, then replace
   minuit.mnemat(&cov[0][0],39);
with
   gMinuit->mnemat(&cov[0][0],39);
note that 39 is the number of fit parameters, ie. a 39x39 matrix.
--Chris

TA-53/MPF-1/D111 P-23 MS H803
LANL, Los Alamos, NM 87545
505-665-9804(o) 665-4121(f) 662-0639(h)