spud2 up, spud1 down

From: mcallister@mit.edu
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 17:11:41 EDT

We put our spare power supply in SPUD2, which is working for now. Time
will tell.

Unfortunately, to make it work we had to take down SPUD1. The spare supply
we got when SPUD1 broke is different from the one in SPUD2, and it requires
an adapter cable to connect it properly. The only one we had was the one
in SPUD1.

We have ordered new power supplies of the second type and will put one into
SPUD1 when they arrive (hopefully tomorrow).

We also found that the power supply fan in SPUD4 is not running, so we
should replace that supply as soon as possible.

----
Brian McAllister                                   Senior Software Engineer
mcallister@mit.edu                      Bates Research & Engineering Center
(617) 253-9537                                                Middleton, MA