Ulf Meissner's seminar on March 9, 2007

From: Michael Kohl (kohlm@mit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 08:45:30 EST

Dear all,
as announced earlier, Ulf Meissner is visiting MIT this week on March 8-9.
On Friday 3/9 at 3pm he will give a seminar on the pion cloud of the
nucleon in the Kolker room. I again want to encourage people to attend the
seminar, especially those involved in BLAST physics, elastic form factors,
deuteron structure and N-Delta transition.

If you cannot be on campus in person but don't want to miss the seminar
(like myself), you can log on vrvs.org and connect to the videocast. The
bandwidth should be >=500kbps, so it is *not* recommended to connect from
Bates! Audio-only connection is possible, too (requiring less bandwidth).
We'll try to make the talk downloadable ahead of the seminar, from
http://blast.lns.mit.edu/
You will need to register with www.vrvs.org and eventually install a few
browser plugins (if they are not already present, installations are quite
automized) to make it work:

Video Connection Description

Go to VRVS (www.vrvs.org) and register top center-right (community:
Universe), follow the instructions from the e-mail. Now login at VRVS and
register top center and 'enter' on the left sidebar.
The seminar takes place in the Virtual Room "Sunny" which appears about 30
minutes before the start of the seminar (2:30pm, Friday 3/9). The access
password is: R26414

Depending on the tools you have proceed with the following.
MBone (this is the simplest setup and works without camera):
Using MBone tools you just have to click on the green bar "Connect ..."
which should pop up the video window.
!!! Be sure to mute the microphone on your computer!!!

If you want to be heard you will need a skype-worthy headset (with
headphones for audio and mouthpiece for pick-up). If you are not trying
to speak you should always have your end on mute.

Best regards
    Michael

+-------------------------------------+--------------------------+
| Office: | Home: |
|-------------------------------------|--------------------------|
| Dr. Michael Kohl | Michael Kohl |
| Laboratory for Nuclear Science | 5 Ibbetson Street |
| MIT-Bates Linear Accelerator Center | Somerville, MA 02143 |
| Middleton, MA 01949 | U.S.A. |
| Email: kohlm@mit.edu | K.Michael.Kohl@gmx.de |
| Work: +1-617-253-9207 | Home: +1-617-629-3147 |
| Fax: +1-617-253-9599 | Mobile: +1-978-580-4190 |
| http://blast.lns.mit.edu | |