RE: Moving of BLAST computers

From: William Bertozzi (bertozzi@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 16:43:07 EST

We have a student and Postdoc who use these computers daily to work on
papers, data analysis and a thesis. Before you make such a dramatic change
these people must be accommodated in a reasonable way to have access to
their data. Please do not make changes until these matters are resolved in a
manner that does not damage their already fragile situations or the
efficiency of their work.

Indeed this notice is very short! But the availability of money does not
justify making the work of others very inefficient. This matter needs more
calm deliberation and investigation before any changes are made.

Bill

William Bertozzi
Professor of Physics
Room 26-437