Re: BLAST geometry

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 12:30:50 EDT

Hello, Adrian:

I can only speak for the file "wc_geom.f", which identifies the wire
chamber geometry to GEANT. There is a new wc_geom.f file written which
does take into account the full geometry of the wire chambers. However,
before this file can be put into the CVS repository, I need to pull values
for the numerous chamber parameters it requires off of the CAD program.
Until I can do so, the file will sit on my hard drive. However, unless
you specifically need some in-detail aspects of the wire chambers'
geometry, just use the old wc_geom.f file which comes with blast1.4.
That's what I'm using. I can e-mail you the new wc_geom.f file if you'd
like, but the parameters that I used to write it are ballpark at best.
They simply wouldn't produce an accurate geometry of the chambers.

Additionally, if anyone out there knows how to use the CAD program and has
the time to somewhat orient me to it, I would be eager to learn. Jim
Kelsey, the resident CAD expert, is quite busy with frame modifications.

Thanks,

Aaron