Bremsstrahlung angular distribution

From: Botho1@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:31:20 EDT

We expect to have a bremsstrahlung detector at the end of the BLAST beam line
to act as a luminosity monitor and polarimeter. I know that the angular
distribution for the brem spectrum peaks at an angle of 1/gamma, but there is
a minimum at zero degrees which could give us trouble. Does anyone have the
Bethe-Heitler formula for the differential cross-section on their computer? I
would like to have the numbers and/or plot for the cross-section in the
forward direction at 880 MeV, 440 MeV and 200 MeV. Thanks.

Ed Booth