Re: Makefile changed for campus

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 13:43:17 EDT

hi blasters,
  in the weekly software meeting, we talked about having Makefiles only
depend on the standard environment variables for paths, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
etc.
  to make it easier to set up your environment, we will have a webpage
describing each variable you need to have set up, as well as a startup
script checking into the cvs repository (run/setup.csh or run/setup.sh
for bash) which you can call from your own .cshrc or .bashrc file. i
will make this file detect whether you are on/off campus, etc, and set
up the appropriate environmental variables, which will help us all do
this in a more uniform manner. of course, feel free to cut and paste
into your own tailord .cshrc file.

  will each of you please mail me the relevant parts of your own .cshrc
files, and what variables you think should be set up, so i don't miss
anything? i will notify you when it is ready to use, and where the
webpage is.
--chris