Re: a question regarding GEANT's track-stopping conditions

From: Maurik Holtrop (maurik@improv.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 16:50:33 EDT

Hello Aaron,

GEANT has many ways why it decides to stop tracking a particle. You've
hit upon 2.
Some others are:
1) The particle's energy (momentum) falls below a predetermined
threshold. This is set with the FFREAD card "CUT".
2) The particle interacts, decays, etc.

If you are tracking really low energy protons, then 1 might have stopped
it.

Maurik