getting libBlast.so to compile...

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:58:50 EST

Hello, all:

I have been trying for the past few days to get libBBlast.so to link
correctly into root. However, I can't manage to do it. I have
tried to use the auto-configure program, but when I do, I get the
following message in regards to linking libBlast.so:

root -l analyze.cpp
root [0]
Processing analyze.cpp...
dlopen error:
/home/blast/ajmasch/blast_temp2/run/./../BlastLib/libBlast.so: undefined
symbol: Class_Name__15TBLDrawGeometry
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library
/home/blast/ajmasch/blast_temp2/run/./../BlastLib/libBlast.so
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

I have also tried to NOT use the auto-configure program, but I can't get
that to work, either.

If someone knows what I am doing wrong, would you please let me know?

Thank you,

Aaron

p.s. When I don't use the auto-configure, I set the following:

CERNLIB = /usr/local/cern/pro/lib/

ROOTSYS = /home/blast/blast/root3.02/

But I can't get the libBlast.so file to link then, either.