problems getting "libuserGen.so" to link to the "blast" MC executable

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:48:37 EST

Hello, all:

I am trying to use Simon's "build" directory technique to set up
everything in the BLAST CVS. I can get everything to "make" (using the
Makefile that appears after you configure within the "build" directory by
typing "../blast/configure --prefix=/home/build --enable-moller").

However, when I then go into the "build/blastmc" directory and type
"blast" (i.e. try to run the BLAST MC executable), I get the following
error message:

blast: error in loading shared libraries: libuserGen.so: cannot open

I have two questions regarding this:

1. When you go to the corresponding Makefile and look under the "blast"
directive, the file "libuserGen.so" is not needed to make the BLAST MC
executable (I've never had to use it before, at least). How does the
BLAST MC executable, then, depend on this shared object file?

2. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Aaron