Re: problems getting "libuserGen.so" to link to the "blast" MC executable

From: Simon Sirca (sirca@crex.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 14:19:13 EST

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Aaron Joseph Maschinot wrote:

> 1. When you go to the corresponding Makefile and look under the "blast"
> directive, the file "libuserGen.so" is not needed to make the BLAST MC
> executable (I've never had to use it before, at least). How does the
> BLAST MC executable, then, depend on this shared object file?

The reason why you never seemed to use it before is because it used to
be called userGen.so and for blast executable to run, it had to reside
in the "run" directory. Now the user generator (i.e. libuserGen.so)
is created in e.g. userGen/userMoller and this is why the Makefile
now has the dependency which should pick up exactly this generator
at link time. If you do not see this dependency, you should update
your distribution.

> 2. How do I fix this problem?

See 1.

Simon

--
  Simon Sirca
  MIT-LNS, Room 26-402                 Tel: +1 617 258-5438