Re: cvs info

From: Simon Sirca (sirca@crex.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 10:20:00 EDT

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Tong-Uk Lee wrote:

> Isn't it true that if you umask 003, you have to have Bates account?

I think so. But as far as I understand the meaning of the CVSUMASK
variable, your umask for creation of files in the server's repository
will be assigned to CVSUMASK, and will correspond to server's uids
and guids. Setting it to 000 would then mean that the repository is
writable by anybody, and I don't think this is a good idea. This
should not affect your (client) umask. How can you make e.g. a cvs
commit without a Bates account anyway? Correct me if I am wrong also.

Simon

--
  Simon Sirca
  MIT-LNS, Room 26-402                 Tel: +1 617 258-5438