Re: cvs info

From: Hauke Kolster (hauke@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 12:36:45 EDT

Chris,
To share files between users with the same group name (I think
that's what you want to do) you usually do the following:
First you create a new group with name <newgroupname>. All members
of that group can change to that group name by using the command
newgrp <newgroupname>. Then you do 'umask 003' (or 002 or 000)
to set the file access permissions to be able to share newly
created files within the group.

- Hauke