dblast07 crash leads to DAQ problem with CODA run numbers...

From: Kevin Mcilhany (mcilhany@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 06:28:24 EDT

On the A-shift July 13th, dblast07 shut down. I mean, we were sitting
there, nobody touched, there was no noticable power surge, nobody kicked
the power cord, it simply shut itself off. After turning the power back
on, we were back in business. We started CODA. We started taking data.
Only 5 runs later did we notice that CODA had reset the ru counter to 12
runs prior! All was not lost, the runs that it wrote over were backed up
on dblast09's scratch disk. We contacted Tim Smith about how to
properly reset the CODA run counter and we went back to data taking. This
has led to the interesting situation that on
dblast07:/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis, runs from 474-478 are
labeled with an "x" until Tim decides how to re-introduce those runs into
the data stream with unique numbers. So dont be surprised to find:
/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis/commis-474x.dat
/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis/commis-475x.dat
/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis/commis-476x.dat
/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis/commis-477x.dat
/scratch/dblast07/blast/data/commis/commis-478x.dat

-Kevin