run summary 7.14.2 B

From: jason seely (seely@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 16:59:21 EDT

Main Goals for the day were:

1) Analyze last runs from graveyard shift (531-534).
2) Address PMT's LTOF11,13 and RTOF12 (low counts).
3) Look for e-p coincidences.

1) The analysis of runs 531-534 (events>160K) confirmed that the
RTO-StartMean times were timed up to within approx 1 nsec. The target
channel was 1424 (as opposed to 1700 for the left sector). We noticed a
double peak structure in this analysis but have not included Cerenkov cuts
yet for any e/P id. The analysis was performed with
the existing macro retimingORX_right.C. For this runs 531-534 were copied
to dblast09.

2) In attempt to determine the problems of the listed PMT's we tried
to examine ADC data using the existing macro plot_adc.C. Some structure
was clearly visible in the left sector along with what looked to be
pedestal. The right sector seemed to only have pedestal values. A cut
was made asking for ADC data only when the corresponding tdc value was
between channel 0 and 4000. This removed the apparent pedestal from the
left sector histograms and yielded what looked like TOF ADC data. The
means of this data ranged from approx 976 channels to 1300 channels for
those channels with greater statistics. The right sector on the other
hand still showed only pedestal values even after the tdc cuts were
applied. The PMT problems were temporarily put on the back burner while
this problem was chased. The analog delays seemed to be within the ADC
gate for the right sector, this was verified with the scope. At the end
of shift this problem was not resolved. A low count rate was noted on the
scope for the problem PMT's listed above.

3) We worked on extracting ep coincidence events using a modified version
of Kevin's script epX.C. The working version i used is:

~/commis/phase1/ANALYSES/SEELY/_EP/epX.C

this script fills an ntuple after imposing a kinematic cut on the first
and second paddles hit. Events pass the cuts, so it's tempting to claim
that we've seen coincidences, but we're not so bold. The two plots
ep_530-539.eps and ep_lego_530-539.eps show the second paddle hit (y-axis)
vs. the first paddle hit (x-axis). the plot was generated using the
ntuple scratch/dblast08/blast/data/commis/commis-530-539.root.

Also we took data all day: runs 535-542

                                        Jason and Pete