shift#1 (07/17/02) Cherenkov update

From: Octavian F Filoti (ofiloti@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 08:32:30 EDT

A gainmatching 'solution' (in order to higher the voltage values for
Cherenkov's) is still not possible, since old libraries has been changed
(i.e removed, renamed); also the old library TBLmyRC needs to be updated,
too, since it still contains stuff from the removed libBLSQL.so.
Anyway, some 'gainmatching' data has been taken tonight with the flasher
(runs# 679, 680) for the voltage values we used so far, just for the left
small box. The ADC mean values (Kevin printed out) were in channel 7000
(as they were) which shows ineffective a gain-match right now (8000
maximum for ADC)! But, in order to pass this problem, we should make
another attenuators for all boxes (longer)! It looks like "the formula"
we used to find the length was not so good!
Making the length of the attenuators two-three times longer might solve
the current spectrum problem!

Octavian F Filoti
Nuclear Physics Group
Univ. of New Hampshire