Shift Summary - A Shift - 07/17/02

From: Kevin McIlhany (mcilhany@usna.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:27:51 EDT

A bit of a rough night...
Evening shift reports that:
1) Start counter is not plugged in!
2) All TOF Right, Top TDCs are zero.
3) REtimingOR signal for the last several days is wrong.

Goals:
1) Work on cerenkov gain matching using flasher data.
2) Finish eP analysis.

Results:
1) Had an access, plugged in the start counter.
    This and previous episodes alludes to the fact that
we REALLY need a singular person who is responsible for
the proper state of the machine. Conceivably, this person could make a checklist of what
exactly needs to
be done for each access, INCLUDING a checklist of things to do while EXITING THE HALL!
2) As for the TOF top, right, TDCs. Apparently, numerous changes occured yesterday which lead
to a new
electronics map file being written. On top of that,
other changes to the general analysis using the blast
account and other computers - such as spud1 - have caused systematic problems decoding the data.
 One example of this is that the TOF top, right, TDCs are
currently decoded on the blast account using the standard plot_tdc.C code as zero's. Although I
do not
have an answer for this yet, I do know that if I use my
personal scripts in my own directories, I can successfully decode the data.
3) The REtimingOR problem was NOT a problem, simply the information about a switch in the
location of the
channels has failed to be documented or commicated within the trigger group.

The most important result of the evening was the joy of chasing cables in the D-tunnel led us to
discover that
the "electronics.map" file we have been using for at
least one week has had the TOF, right TDCs top and bottoms switched. NOT in hardware, simply in
how we decode the hardware. This has helped explain some of the eP analysis people have done
while looking for co-planarity. The fix is simple, yet needs to be done
for everyones "electronics.map" file, so if you have one in your directory, please note the
change.
The lines:
SCtdcTopS0 SC TDC 0 0 0 0-15 2 31 9 16-31
SCtdcBotS0 SC TDC 0 0 1 0-15 2 31 9 0-15

need to be changed to:
SCtdcTopS0 SC TDC 0 0 0 0-15 2 31 9 0-15
SCtdcBotS0 SC TDC 0 0 1 0-15 2 31 9 16-31

Furthermore, the ADCs were recently moved from the right crate into the left crate, so the lines
that refer to Crate 30, slot 7 needs to be changed to
Crate 31, Slot 5. Provided all of these changes are
made, your analysis will work.

4) We now have both left and right side ADCs being readout.
5) Runs 678, 679, 680, 681 are with the Flasher ON
and 679,680 and 681 are with Flasher ONLY. This is what is needed for cerenkov gain matching.
6) Tavi began cerenkov matching.