Changes in Unpolarized Target

From: Nikolas C Meitanis (nikolas@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 14:07:19 EDT

As of today, I have interlocked some additional requirements for operation
of the system in the Hydrogen mode. In order for the valve to the chamber
( Valve 11 ) to be opened, the system will check for a number of
conditions, pertaining both to vacuum and gas flow. In order to open V11,
instructions in the manual have to be followed. If Instructions are not
followed, the system could potentially be damaged. The
updated manual can be found by dblast09 in the counting bay, which is the
computer designated as the target monitor and control.
I strongly suggest that all shift crew members take a few minutes to read
the instructions.

Thanks,
Nikolas Meitanis