getting events from ET

From: Timothy Smith (tim_smith@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 16:49:02 EDT

Hello Adam,

        In yesterday's analysis meeting I was asked if I could
get "online" working again. I have just been looking over it
and think I could do it if libEpics.so (actually TBLEtstat) had
one more method. You have a

  void PutInEvent(unsigned int *buffer, int len);

I need a

  int GetOutEvents(...)

        I think I see how to impliment it (it looks like 1 or
2 dozen lines of code like PutInEvent), but it would be hard
for me to test it from here without disturbing the run.

        Also I will be on vacation from Aug 6-21.

        If you have a free minute (hour) (and I understand
that Wire Chambers are coming online even as I email), could
you try implimenting this? One thing to be careful about is
that I need to get an event - and still have the event continue
onto the Event Recorder (ER) undisturbed. I think there are flags
listed in et.h which do this, but I am not sure.

        As a test program, perhapes something which just counts
the number of events which went through ET. It should be the
same as the number in the CODA file at the end.

        Thanks!

                                Tim

 Timothy Paul Smith Research Scientist
 MIT Bates Lab tim_smith@mit.edu