8/1/02 ABS tune-up/commissioning

From: Hauke Kolster (hauke@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 22:52:18 EDT

        ABS tune-up / commissioning
        ---------------------------

  Status August 1, 2002

  Vacuum:
  -------
  + separation valve dissociator /sixpole chamber
    operational and in EPICS
  + 2 convectron gauges (C2, C3) operational and
    in EPICS
  + gas flow into dissociator/QMA established

  RF dissociator:
  ------------
  + matchbox interface blows fuse on motor, simply
    replacing the fuse does not help
  + EPICS control almost finished

  QMA:
  ----
  + QMA is mass tuned and operational, have taken
    mass spectrum with channeltron maximum pressure
    at 100sccm is in 10^-7torr range
  + observed intensity change in QMA of factor
    of 10 for 50sccm and factor of 5 in background,
    this might tell us that we have a very good
    signal to background ratio of 1:1
  + connected to lock-in amplifier; chopper ok but
    QMA signal needs more work

  Nozzle:
  -------
  + wires on nozzle temperature sensor fixed,
    coldhead running, temperature stabelized at
    100K, left running over night

  DAQ:
  ----
  + retrieving data and storing in ntuples
    almost complete, minor problems, needs
    some work still

  Running in BLAST:
  -----------------
  spectrometer magnet test resulted in broken
  fuse in chopper motor and malfunction in the
  connection to QMA.
  + turn of chopper during future magnet operation
  + QMA should be able to stay on but we need to
    disconnect RS232 connection

  Job list August 2, 2002
  + establish QMA signal into lock-in amplifier and
    pipe into EPICS, measure amu 1 and 2 with chopped
    signal
  + fix fuse problem in matchbox
  + keep nozzle at 100K flow H2 and turn on RF power
    in dissociator