[BLASTTALK] 8/2/02 ABS tune-up/commissioning

From: Hauke Kolster (hauke@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 21:35:18 EDT

        ABS tune-up / commissioning
        ---------------------------

  Status August 2, 2002

  Vacuum:
  -------
  + all operational

  RF dissociator:
  ------------
  + matchbox interface needs to be shipped to company
    for repair
  + run manual matchbox instead, we managed to get
    a good discharge, the system shows good matching
    in rather broad power and gas flow range

  QMA:
  ----
  + QMA shows chopped signal on amu 1 which is related
    to dissociator RF on, that means we see a ballistic
    atomic beam from discharge in dissociator
  + signal looks reasonable on scope but cannot be
    reproduced in lock-in yet. We also observe a
    irregularity in the refernece signal processed by the
    lock in whic might be related

  Nozzle:
  -------
  + all operational

  DAQ:
  ----
  + retrieving data and storing in ntuples
    almost complete, minor problems, needs
    some work still

  Running in BLAST:
  -----------------
  list of devices to turn off during spectrometer magnet
  operation:
  - chopper; switch on pwer supply in D-tunnel
  - QMA; turn emiss off, disconnect RS232 connection
  - cryo cooling; turn off compressot on mezzanine

  Tasks for August 5, 2002
  -----------------------
  + establish QMA signal into lock-in amplifier and
    pipe into EPICS, measure amu 1 and 2 with chopped
    signal

  Goal for early next week:
  + flow H2, measure amu1/(amu1+amu2) ratio
  + determine calibration constant k for normalized
    ratio amu1/(amu1+k*amu2)
  + add oxygen to H2, repeat measuremet and optimize
    for maximum amu1/(amu1+k*amu2) ratio