[BLASTTALK] issues with regard to auto configure BlastLib

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 12:20:39 EDT

Hi blasters,

Recently blastlib has undergone a lot of changes. One thing affects the
compiling of BlastLib2 is that it needs to be linked with libTBLSQL.so
which is located in a different directory.

So recently, people are having problems compiling libBlast.so. Some effort
has been put into the auto configure however, I am still new to these
ideas so the solution is not completly satisefactory yet.

Now what you need to do after checking out/update BlastLib2 is:

1: if you compile in the same directory with the source code:
>autoconf
>configure --prefix=the absolute path to your source directory, starting
probably with /home/...
>make

2. if you compile in a different directory than the sources, for instance
I compile in a build directory.

>autoconf
>configure --prefix=the absolute path to your source directory,
--exec_prefix=the absolute path to your compile direcotry.
>make

Note:

the 1st command autoconf is optional. It generates a configure file from
the configure.in. Since we distribute a made-already configure in the CVS,
this step can be skipped. However, if you for any reason changed the
configure.in, run this one.

the --prefix thing is not very convenient, but I do not know the fix yet.
sorry about that.

libBlast.so will compile anyway even it does not find libTBLSQL.so, but
the lib will not load normally. you can tell if the lib is linked OK by
using command:
        ldd libBlast.so