Re: [BLASTTALK] issues with regard to auto configure BlastLib

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 09:08:43 EDT

Hi all,

I want to appolagized for a mistake I made in a previos message in which I
claim that in order to compile blastlib in a different directory from the
source files, you need to point prefix to the source dir, and exec_prefix
into the compile dir. In turn out this is not correct or at least not the
connonical and cleanest way to do it.

Thanks to Aaron who point out to me this mistake and here is the way it
meant to be done.

1st: if you compile in the source dir, you still need to do
        configure --prefix=absolute path to the source dir

2nd: if you compile in a different dir, do:
        srcdir/configure --prefix=absolute path to the compile dir.

the two are in fact consistant to each other noticing that in the 1st case
source dir==compile dir. Due to the fact that libBlast.so now needs to be
linked with libTBLSQL.so which locates in a different directory, even
users who compile in source dir need to specify this prefix thing which is
not as convenient as it could be. hope we will have a solution soon.

Again I am sorry for any confusion it might cause.