9.2.02 A shift summary

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 07:53:17 EDT

We contibued data taking. coda had some problem at run 1484, lowered gas
flow to 1.5sccm. Beam was not very stable. Beam current dropped sharply after
a few fills. But in general, the data taking was smooth.

continued Jason's study on efficiency which leads to the script
show_p_eff.C. It compares paddle hits in left and right arm against the
Monte Carlo results. Also plots the event number/monte carlo. left/right
arms are plotted seperately. Please see the comments in line 354-358, and
378-383 for the definition of the plots.

toward the study of cerenkov efficiency, macro cc_eff.C is started. It
pick out cc_hits in box 0 in coinc with one of the first four tof paddles,
and plots the cc tdc/adc. We see clearly good cerenkov hits, yet the
efficiency is only about ten percent, i.e. number of CC hits is 10% of
number of tof hits.

Yuan Xiao, Chi Zhang